Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Sketchup mockups

*10/14/10 original writing

I spent some time to get measurements of the box and used that to determine an appropriate size for the vacuum tubes. I'll have to put a scale in these sketchup drawings so people can get a better handle on the size of these things. They are roughly 16" tall and 12" wide. The sockets at the bottoms are 6" in diameter. I plan on having a three tier system for plugging them into the base. As can be seen in the following picture the bottom of the tube will have a socket with an open bottom to allow the socket setcion with the plugs and mobile to be placed inside the tube.


The follwing picture shows the second socket section from below in order to show the placement of the plugs. I am going to place a plug in the center that wil connect the internal wiring to the external power source and Arduino board. The Arduino will be used to simply make the LED's I place in the tubes blink at random intervals and speeds.


And the following shows two ideas I have been toying with for the front of the tube amp box itself. I am leaning towards the one on the left.


Here is a shot of the underside of the box showing the third part of the socket which is where the tubes will rest in once everything is complete.


So far the planning stages are going nicely and I plan to test out my ideas for the Arduino program and wiring next week. I'm really only wondering what colors I should use for the LED's; should mix up the colors based on the gender of the family member or the type of image/object the LED is being paced next too or something else?...

No comments:

Post a Comment