Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Parts picked up and Arduino working

*original writing 11/24/10

This weekend I went to Home Depot and grabbed some dowels, epoxy and small planter buckets. These will be turned into the vacuum tubes bases, plug bits and central spine that holds the pictures in the tube itself. I will more than likely spend Thanksgiving weekend primering and cutting these materials to the colors and lenghts I need as well as test fitting them together. I picked up screws to make the connections secure and I might throw in some epoxy too, though I am mainly going to use that to attach the bases to the tubes. Now here are some pics and a short video of the arduino test I did using five LED's. It works pretty good so I'm going to move onto ten LED's per board.





I have also been working on the flyer for my show, right now I have a two fonts selected and worked them into a logo that I will post up later. I also plan on getting this cut out of plaxiglass to put on the front of the tube amp box. I am even going to attempt to light that up too.
Here are some of the terms I am working with for the individual members of my nukular family and the general idea behind the whole thing. This is all based on what I learned of the term and how it was used during the 1950's and 1960's. (Re-posting them to refresh memories.)

Father - primary wage earner, cars, alcohol, control, leader of family, suits, hats, outdoors, white collar job, pipe, bbq, fella, ties, handsome, baseball,

Mother - cooking, cleaning, "motherly" jobs, house wife, nurture, dresses, kitchen, pearls, make-up, dinner time, dame, apron, pristine, vacuum cleaner, lipstick,

Son - outdoors, sports, college, cars, toy soldiers, rough housing, football, baseball, sport, champ, boy scout, chemistry set, bicycle, cowboys & indians, blue,

Daughter - dresses, pony tails, dolls, make-up, sleep overs, playing house, sockhop, pretty, baby sitter, barbie, well mannered, pink, hula hoop, poodle skirt,

General ideas: anti-communist, pro-democracy/U.S., American Dream, own house/car,

No comments:

Post a Comment