Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Expansion and evolution

I've created a test model using a mason jar, dowels, hot glue and some plastic thread I found while wandering around Micheal's. I think it went together very well and aside from having to remember the width of the jar's mouth there really wasn 't too much work involved (a pic will follow). A few of these could be made fairly quick and aside from the dioramas I could have quite a few made and ready to be displayed. I would have to expand my scope beyond merely nuclear family gender roles though, something i think could be done I would just need to research a wider variety of personas to base each tube on.



The tube.

The base of the central spine.

A close-up of the plastic wires and dowels.

It was also suggested I base the dioramas on the insides of vacuum tube amplifiers and just modify them to resemble human dwellings and places. I've  been searching the net for pics of tube amp insides and have only found a few. They do have similarities to houses and such so it is possible to go with that idea I'd just need to really sit down and play with electronic bits and pieces to see what I could come up with in relation to making an amplifier layout look like a kitchen or a living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment