Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Another aspect of my project

Here is a partial example of another aspect/part of my project. I want to find objects people have either had since childhood (a favorite toy for example) or just something they really wanted at some point in the past and compare its current condition with how it looked brand new.

I have here a statuette of Aeon Flux, an animated television character, that has been through quite a bit, an earthquake and changes of residence. I have found it retailing for $89.99 currently and I am still doing some research for the price when it first came out.

Here are the pics I have taken of it so far.






I am interested in the level of want that people had for the various objects I hope to find/receive and the current condition they are in, I want to show how the decrease of the importance of these items and find out if the owners still find them as important today regardless of the condition the object is in.

I also managed to get a digital camera that had been damaged through some rather improper use (balanced on the edge of garbage can, then it fell). For all intents it is unusable since the user would have to squeeze the camera and hope that it takes a picture much less turn on or off.




I am undecided on how to go about using the camera. I was thinking of using it in the same way as the Aeon Flux statuette or I could go the route I am going to take with the cell phones and transform it into something else. More research and thought it needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment