Thursday, March 18, 2010

First subjects

So I've been doing some reading about different artists and methods and what-not. I think a direction I'm going to go with the sculpture aspect of my project is to create variations of the objects I use. Take my first two subjects: cellular phones. These first few shots are just the phones and some details of the screws. The Samsung might give me some trouble since it has the little star/Allen key type screws. I think I have the right kind of screwdriver for it. Anyways, I want to take these a part, see whats inside them and turn them into something else, I'm thinking flowers for some reason. The function of communication came to mind when I saw these phones. Flowers are colorful and can communicate feelings through color and type when you ive them to someone, kind of like giving someone a call.



The phones, side by side.
The Samsung
The Qualcomm
Detail of the difficult screws.
Detail of the normal screws.

There we have it, the first subjects of my project. The next post I'm going to explain a bit more about some of the artists I've taken inspiration from and the works I looked at specifically.

No comments:

Post a Comment